DTA Open Meeting
6:30 pm - November 14, 2023
A meeting for all members of the Dunbar Trades' Association - and non-members who are interested in joining.
The DTA is a membership organisation which represents and promotes local businesses. Recent activities are listed below but we gather twice a year to discuss what work we should undertake on behalf of members, come along and find out more.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A new website and associated “ourdunbar” branding to promote the town
- A new digital brochure promoting adventure activities in the area (funded by Visitscotland)
- A new map which has been delivered to all homes in Dunbar and West Barns area and made available to visitors through local venues
- Developed two new branded promotions “Shop Local - WIn Local” which runs in December / January and “Spot The Malarky” which runs through July / August
- Sponsored or offered prizes to major events: Civic Week, European Land Art Festival and the Dunbar Music Festival
- Funded professional support for Ourdunbar Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Campaigned against parking charges being introduced in North Berwick (will be rolled out to Dunbar if they go ahead in NB)
- Represented members at Dunbar Community Council and Area Partnership meetings
- Been an active partner in the creation of a new Local Place Plan hosting a large event in January 2023 to start the process
- Met with East Lothian Council and representatives of the large energy firms to discuss potential new renewables projects
- Taken an active role in the steering group of the Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme